Monday, September 7, 2009

Chile Mojo

As a native Chicagoan, I miss Mexican food like nothing else. Since moving to Adelaide, I've added two enormous Mexican recipe books to my shelf, and have to find somewhere to get the ingredients to test them out. This is where Chile Mojo comes in, particularly when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to do things from scratch. Either way, they've got the goods, from corn masa for making tortillas to pre-made salsas. Chile Mojo is another of one of Adelaide's best known secrets that I'm very keen on. Shelves of Mexican cooking ingredients fill the shop, along with a wall of hot sauces, and various Latino decorations. I stopped by last weekend to pick up some corn tortillas, refried beans, salsa, stuffed jalapenos, corn chips, and key lime hot sauce for my special Saturday night Mexican dinner. Not having been there for a while, I got carried away and ended up bringing home some Christmas and wall decorations as well. I almost picked up some place mats and a handbag, but had to stop somewhere!

Check out this video of from a Discover episode that showcased Chile Mojo, as well as this review on Adelaide Now.

Chile Mojo has now moved locations, from The Parade, to:
381 Magill Rd
St Morris SA

No comments:

Post a Comment