Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beyond India

Yesterday my husband and I went for dinner at Beyond India, a local restaurant that just happened to have a coupon in the Adelaide Entertainment Book. We were celebrating me finally landing a good job here, as well as my husband reaching his one year mark with his company. This was some of the best Indian food I've had, although I'm quickly learning that, like Thai and other Asian cuisines, Adelaide has it hands down over the places I'm used to in the US. Hubs ordered a Mango Prawn Curry and I had the Malai Kofta, a vegetarian dish with potato and paneer (Indian cheese) dumplings in a creamy tomato sauce. We ordered the Nawabi Naan, a bread filled with feta, red onions and spices, as a side. The seasonings in all the food were subtle, yet fully present, and the heat in the curry was not overpowering, but had plenty of kick. I think this may become one of my favourite new places near home (they also have a North Adelaide location), and we'll definitely be going back for the Sunday buffet.

Beyond India
108 Kelly Road
Modbury
-and-
170 0'Connell Street
North Adelaide

(Cross posted on The Expat Cook)

No comments:

Post a Comment